Grilled Corn Recipe
- 4 medium ears corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature (may substitute avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine butter, garlic powder, chives, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the flavored butter over the corn. Wrap each piece of corn with heavy-duty foil. Pack in a cooler until ready to use.
Prepare the grill on medium high heat. If using wood or charcoal, let it burn down to white coals. Cook the corn on the grill grates or for open fire, in the foil 4 to 6 inches above the coals, turning occasionally, until tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before carefully unwrapping.
To make ahead: Store the wrapped corn in a refrigerator or cold cooler for up to 1 day.
For a Mexican flavor, mix 1 teaspoon ground cumin with butter or mayonnaise.